By Suzanne Wade, Project Coordinator
How exciting it will be to have the Rock River in Wisconsin united through our paddling, monitoring and educational
event. We’re working out the details, so EVERYTHING IS STILL DRAFT. Check for updates on our website, Facebook and in our spring newsletter. Sponsors are needed to support this project. Contact Suzanne Wade at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have suggestions for sponsors. We are also looking for volunteers to help with each day: organizing, paddling, driving support vehicles and driving local paddlers back to their vehicles.
Thank you to our steering committee. We would love to add your to the list!
• Greg Farnham: Rock River Trail Initiative
• Becky Binz and Jason Valerius: Rock River Stormwater Group
• Eric Compas and Anna Coutier: UW-Whitewater
• Mark Riedel and Mike Sorge: Wisc. Department of Natural Resources
• Joe Van Rossum: UW-Extension
• Patricia Cicero: Rock River Coalition and the Jefferson County Land & Water Conservation Department
• Suzanne Wade: Rock River Coalition
• Sandy Thorpe-Weeden: Citizen volunteer